"ish" because I accidentally mixed the regular flour into the container with the whole wheat flour. Whoops.
This recipe is from Nie. She has a blog here, and an old food blog here. The only thing I added to the recipe were chocolate chips. :)
WHOLE WHEAT ZUCCHINI BREAD
(or muffins. whatever you fancy.)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, and set aside. Grate zucchini on the large holes of a box grater (to yield 1 3/4 cups); set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
- Into a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir to combine well. Stir in grated zucchini.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack, then reinvert, top side up. Cool completely before slicing.