4.26.2012

Cloth Diaper update


I have people ask me from time to time if I am still liking cloth diapers, so I thought I would let the internet world know all about it. Aren'tcha glad you read??! :)

We use the Flip system exclusively. (Plus that one Bummis wrap you see in the picture that I got for free.)

It's really SO easy, folks. SO easy. An insert and a wrap. Lay the insert in the wrap and snap it on. When you're finished (ok, ok, when she pees or poops in said diaper) put the insert in the diaper pail and reuse the wrap. 

Just a few knitty gritty details:

What do you do with the poop???
Plop it in the toilet where the rest of our poop goes, and flush!

What do you mean by reuse the wrap??
Let it air dry. So basically, I use two throughout the day. One is drying while she's wearing the another one. But honestly, it doesn't get all that wet. There have times where I've had to reuse it right away, and it's no big deal. 

How many do you have?
I ordered 3 daypacks. So that's 6 covers and 18 inserts. I have also tried to sew a few inserts and they came out pretty well. Not quite as absorbent, but they work!

How do you wash them?
Cold rinse first. Then add detergent, a hot cycle with a second rinse. Line dry the covers and pail liner and throw everything else in the dryer. Every month or so, I've started stripping the diapers, which is just an added routine to get them extra extra clean.

Want to get some of your own? Cottonbabies has free shipping. Always. You are welcome. :) Here are the accessories that I use:

Hemp inserts (added absorbency for overnight)
Pail Liner (for the trash can)
Wet Bags (for on the go)


Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd love to answer!

*****************

See my first review here on the system we used when Molly was newborn. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment