11.30.2012

Molly: 18 months

It's hard to believe this was just a year ago. Time sure flies. But I'm choosing to dwell on the positive, because in all seriousness, this post could more appropriately be titled:

Awesome stuff my kid is doing.

As difficult as this stage can be at times, there are so many moments when I just sit back in awe of her and all that she is learning and becoming. Seriously, this part of parenting rocks.


So here is Molly girl in all her 18 month glory, learning about life, loving it, and maybe slipping in a temper tantrum here and there. *grin*

***********

Loving her bunny. And those two fingers.



Putting diapers on her babies.


Completely entranced in a puzzle. Concentration is key.


Loading her socks in the dishwasher.
Sidenote: one of her "jobs" is to shut the dishwasher whenever she is in there with me. She gets so much delight from this. :)


The other day, I asked Molly to go put daddy's shoes by the front door. I kind of had to point it out and show her "over by the basket." Once she realized it, she went promptly over and lined his shoes up perfectly straight. My little type A. :) :)


Hugging Grammie over FaceTime. She also tries to give her a sip of her drink, or a taste of her snack. :)



She can reach to put her cup on the counter when her milk is gone. This one makes me choke back a tear or so. How is she this big?!?


Playing peek-a-boo behind the curtains. 


Putting her own shoes on. The girl looooves shoes.


Whenever we go for a walk, we always have to stop and sit by the water. When we leave, she always waves bye-bye to the water. :)



And just a few more tidbits:

-Her speech has just exploded, She has so many words, and uses them so well. Here's a typical conversation:

Molly: Daddy!
Me: Where is daddy?
Molly: at work. 

Yep. Brilliance, I tell you. :)

- The girl loves her babies. She is always so concerned for them, making sure they are wrapped in a blanket, fed, and their faces wiped off. :)

-We're trying to work on identifying colors. She can match them really well, but doesn't yet know what's what. She does, however, parrot whatever color I tell her. I'm not sure if it's the color pink, or saying the word pink, but she loves it! Almost everything after we say that color is "Pink! Pink! Pink!" (said with a scrunched face and a little smile.

-Last Sunday morning when I was sick with some kind of flu, I was sitting on the couch waiting for Chris and Molly to leave and I asked Molly if she knew where my slippers where. (Who knew they were right under my feet??) She reached down, picked both of them up, and put them both on my feet. Tears were immediately streaming down my cheeks. She is my sweet, sweet little girl. :) 


4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how much they understand? Jude still isn't talking much but understands everything we tell him. It's crazy!! They do get big so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved loved loved loved this post! I am so glad you have these precious pictures of Molly in everyday life! She will (and you will) cherish them forever! Great pics :o) amazing little girl and you are an incredible mom! Its just a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! What a precious girl. I can't believe how big she's getting. The other night Jonathan randomly asked me if I could pull up some pictures of Molly on my phone so I went to your Instagram and he scrolled through a bunch smiling. Haha what a goof. He loves seeing Chris and her together. :) Hopefully we'll get to see you all over Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so precious! I just found your blog and I'm SO excited to keep reading. It's a beautiful space you have here!

    ReplyDelete