11.29.2011

SIX months









I'm having a difficult time knowing where to start this. As I scroll through these pictures, I am in awe at how my baby has grown. 


In one sense, this time has flown by. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was pregnant, wondering when in the world I would get to meet her. 
What would she look like? Would she have hair? (ha!) 
Would she look like me or Chris?


But in an entirely different sense, this time has felt like an eternity, in the most wonderful way. I feel like when you have a newborn, everyone starts offering all sorts of advice to you, whether you want it or not. *grin*
One of the statements I heard most frequently was
"Enjoy this--it goes by fast!"


This something I've really consciously tried to take to heart.


It's taken effort--remembering to be fully present in each moment. 
To literally soak up every second. 
It's not just a phrase. It's really possible. 
And I feel like it's exactly what I've done. 
I've even tried not to wish away the difficult moments like when she is fussy or waking at night, when she pees all over the floor or screams while I'm driving. 
All of it will pass, and I want to be sure not to miss it. 


It's hard to believe that in six more months I'll have a one year old. But I'm going to try not to get ahead of myself. A friend of mine has a baby a few months older than Molly, and she's really said this best:
Each new stage is so much fun and sometimes it's like you just want to stop time and linger for a little while longer. But then the next stage comes and you end up feeling the exact same way. 


So that's where I'm at. Fully enjoying this six month phase of smiling, giggling, babbling, sitting, NOT crawling (that will come soon enough *grin*) trying new foods, learning to snuggle, and many, many more wonderful things.


Happy half birthday, Molly Denae. 
I love you more than words can say.




And now a few more photos for your viewing pleasure...






















2 comments:

  1. wow this post got me all teary. I can't believe it! When you put all the pictures together you can really see how much she has grown! what a precious baby girl :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post Amy! You are blessed with a precious baby girl! So happy for you and Chris. And so glad for the opportunity to watch and get to know baby Molly! Love you girl :)

    ReplyDelete