11.26.2011

Christmas gift ideas

I LOVE homemade Christmas gifts. Giving them and receiving them. I've toyed with whether or not to share the things I'm making this year. I'm still undecided. 

However, I definitely want to share some of my past projects that could be potential gifts for this year.


First up. A homemade hat. I completely free-styled this.


 Wrapped wreaths. This first one I made a while ago, wrapped with yarn and decorated with a branch and some crocheted butterflies. 
(I've since replaced the butterflies with some felt flowers.)


And these next two were wrapped with a burlap coffee sack, decorated with yarn and flowers.





this one blogged here.



For the guys: embellished shirts. 

If your guy is an OHIO STATE buckeye fan, an OH-IO shirt might be good...

front...................and back.


For my brother's birthday last year, I designed this tetris shirt. Anyone play tetris back when it was on gameboy!? Oh my goodness, memories.



Last year, I made Chris this guitar shirt from annalea's blog. 



Now for baby:

I made them last year when my friend's baby turned one.



Baby burp cloths from vintage sheets. (Rachel's tutorial here.)



 Again, from Rachel, these onesie dresses are super easy to make. 
(I made this before Molly was born)



Is this not the most precious baby? Oh yeah, the hat too. :)
Made from this pattern. Lined with soft knit.



And finally, I want to share with you these crocheted flower clips. They are on alligator clips, so they can be worn in hair or clipped to a headband.





And here is one modeled by my beautiful baby girl.




I don't have an up and running etsy shop, but these are for sale. If you're interested, shoot me an email at adavis356@gmail.com, or just leave a comment with your email address and I'll contact you. 



That's all for now! Hopefully I'll get the chance to share a few more ideas in the next week or so. 
Have a lovely weekend!


linked with the Follower's fest!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. wow, you are crazy talented. i am a new follower over from the fest, what great ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im your newest follower from indie fest! LOVE your ideas from last year! Especially the burlap wreath! You need to share more ideas! :)

    http://buttonsbirdsandbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, i love it all!! I'm stopping by from www.thelovelypoppy.com and would love for you to stop by and checkout the new giveaways and tutorials. xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your sweet blog and I'm loving the DIY onesie dress!!! Gonna have to make quite a few of those as gifts now! :]

    ReplyDelete