11.14.2011

this morning



Let me set the scene for you:

Molly is acting tired, lay her in her crib for a nap.
Go sit down on couch, ready for coffee/bloggy time.
Molly rolls over in her crib and cannot roll back.
I get up, go in roll her back onto her back.
Me-back to the couch, sit down.
Seconds later, Molly rolls back.
I get up, go in roll her back onto her back.
Me-back to the couch, sit down.
Seconds later, Molly rolls back.
*repeat cycle endlessly*

At least that's what it feels like. At her last doctor visit, the pediatrician told me that being able to roll both ways is more of a 6 month milestone, so I am hopeful that these days are soon coming to an end.

But still, it is e x h a u s t i n g.

I am not exaggerating when I say that most days I go in to roll her back over anywhere between 20 and 30 times.

This morning as I asked the Lord for an extra dose of patience,
I was reminded to choose thankfulness (like I wrote about here.)

So today, I am thankful that I am able to stay at home with my baby girl.
I am thankful that she has a nice bed to sleep in.
I am thankful for her sweet spirit.
And I am thankful that she took a nap, even if it only lasted thirty minutes. *grin*


3 comments:

  1. Ah, yes! I remember those days! Asa did that too... except on top of rolling and not being able to roll back he would also spit up every time his belly was down! I love our babies! And the picture of Molly with the sock in her mouth is soooo funny! Is she sitting up on her own already? Asa just mastered that this week. Oh I wish they could meet! I love you guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kara Joy
    oh man! the spit up thing would be hard! and yah, molly is already sitting up! i can't believe it, but it makes me so excited. :) love you too, kara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little Knight will be 8 months on the 20th and he is still flipping himself onto his back to avoid sleeping :-) I hear him saying "Mommy don't leave me here!" I have learned from number 1 to number 2 that leaving them to work it out is much easier on my life. McCarthy had to be bounced sound asleep before we could even think about laying him down and if he woke up in that process we had to start all over again! (it was awful!) Knight however being his own little person loves to be lain down with no bouncing rocking hold etc and I find my self equally thankful and sad because he doesn't need me in that way. It is all wonderful even in its frustrating moments because they are absolutely incredible. Enjoy your Molly she is beautiful!

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete