2.13.2012

For Breakfast

A few months ago, Chris was rushing out the door to work one morning and didn't have anything for breakfast. While this was a fairly common occurrence, for some reason, that morning, it tugged my heart. 

At that point, I decided I had to make sure he was fed before he left for work. 
Thus, our breakfast meal plan. 
It is honestly just a general guide. Occasionally we'll stray from it, but it keeps me accountable. :)

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, we have oatmeal. Usually topped with almond milk, agave nectar, chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and raisins. 



Tuesdays and Thursdays we have eggs and toast with homemade jam. I cannot, however, take credit for the jam--it was given to us for Christmas from several different friends and family members.


While oatmeal and eggs/toast are yummy, nothing beats pancakes on a Saturday morning. I like mine with a little bit of peanut butter.  :)
I use this recipe, only cut in half and I use almond milk instead.


And there ya have it. Full bellies. Happy Husband. 

1 comment:

  1. Make an extra plate/bowl of breakfast next week I'm coming over!!

    ReplyDelete