2.28.2012

Ode to the dreads

Once upon a time, my good friend combed my hair into dreadlocks. It's true. 


Chris makes fun of me when I refer to them as "my dreads" because since I had them in for such a short time--three months--they never formed as well as some people's. 


But they were well on their way. And I loved 'em.
We took a trip to the beach and I was so nervous to get them wet in the ocean. But wouldn't you know, the salt water helped them immensely.  


I have to admit, there are some days that I really wish I never would have taken them out. But it was the right thing at the time, so I did. And quite honestly, a big reason I did them in the first place was so that at the end of my life, I wouldn't have said, 
"I wish I would have tried putting my hair in dreads."


So there ya have it. A lovely recap of my most favorite hairstyle.
And maybe, just maybe, I'll do it again someday.  :) 


1 comment:

  1. they look great on you! i don't think i could give up washing my hair. it is one of my favorite little pleasures(: it would be nice to have such hassle free hair though!
    sarah

    ReplyDelete