8.08.2011

Whatever is true.

I've been putting something into practice lately. Something that I feel compelled to share.

I used to think I was the only one that did this, but the few people I've mentioned this to said that they do the exact same thing.

Fake Conversations. You know, when you're rehearsing a scenario in your head that hasn't even happened. You say this, they say that.  Know what I mean? Anyone?

Well the way this usually plays out in my mind is that I end up getting all hot and bothered toward this person (whomever it may be). It stirs in my heart and I'm all of a sudden thinking ill thoughts towards them. How terrible. 

A few weeks ago, this verse hit me square in the forehead:

Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8


Did that hit you like it did me? Whatever is true. Whatever is right. That is what our minds should dwell on.  Fake conversations towards a person are not true or right. That is not having our minds set on what the Spirit desires.

So I have been trying to recite this verse whenever these convos start to happen. And I can tell you, it has helped me SO much. I want my mind to dwell on excellent things...things worthy of praise. Is anyone with me?


0 comments:

Post a Comment