1.06.2011

Task one: leave my nails alone.



Haha, just kidding. But for real. I want to grow out my nails and leave them be.

This just might be the hardest goal to achieve. Biting, picking, tearing, you name it---it’s what I do and have done my whole life to not only my fingernails, but my toenails. What happens is this: I will be inspired by someone else’s pretty nails, grow them out, then bite them all off in a matter of about 75 seconds. This can either be due to boredom, nervousness, a football game, doesn’t really matter. But that’s the typical routine.

So how will I break this wretched habit? What’s my plan? I have a few ideas…

Keep my cuticles moist. When they are dry and there are pieces sticking out, I have to pick them.

Keep the dirt out from under my fingernails. I have a thumbtack on my keyboard at work that does this trick real well. This will keep me motivated (and keep the white lines even—know what I mean?)

Those are really the only ideas I have for myself right now (obviously I’ve never been successful at this). So if anyone has any tips, please share!!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so with you. I do it too, it's horrid.

    I may take some of your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, that picture is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to bite my fingernails when I was a girl. I tried numerous things......here's what worked. Everytime I caught myself biting my nails...I would instantly bite my finger HARD! It hurt! The pain made me stop biting my nails :-D

    ReplyDelete