1.30.2012

God answers prayers.

image found via google search; credit.

There is a part of me that hesitates to share this for fear of how it may come across. (Because ya know, it's difficult to sense tone in writing) But I cannot look past how God answered my prayers yesterday.

As a part of pastor's appreciation, people around the church bring the pastors a dessert on a Sunday every couple of months. (It's weird to consider myself a pastor. I'd prefer "worship leader".)

For this, I am extremely grateful.

But if I'm going to be honest, there has been a small part of me that has wondered why it couldn't be breakfast. Maybe it's just that not everybody sees how busy our Sunday mornings really are (especially now with a kid) and how breakfast is often the last thing on our minds as we're scrambling out the door. 

Anyway, so yesterday morning on our way to church, I reminded Chris that this was a Sunday that we would get dessert. And in a brief moment of selfishness, I asked God if he could please lay it on the person's heart to bring us breakfast instead of dessert. (Mind you, I have no clue who it is that brings us this). 

I'll admit--it was a bit of a fleece moment.

Anyway, we show up to church and Chris's mom had brought us donuts. I couldn't help but somewhat chuckle as I thanked God for answering my prayer, even if it was in a different way than I thought. 

But it doesn't end there. 

Our day goes on, we get our dessert, get home, open it up and it's banana bread. (Covered in frosting and pecans! Delicious!) But I don't really give a second thought to it.

After evening service we went over to our friend's house and had pizza and they shared their dessert (They're pastor's too.) And as we're leaving, I mention that our dessert was banana bread. To which my friend lovingly replies....


"Amy, that is breakfast."



2 comments:

  1. How sweet is our God?! He cares about the big and little details. Thanks for sharing this! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete