1.09.2012

love

Today as I was praying for my family, I found myself thinking about my love for my little girl. 

Before I had a kid, I heard a lot of people portray an instant love. You know those comments---"I fell in love when I saw those two pink lines." or "From the moment I saw your precious face..."

Well if I'm going to be honest with you, I never really had those moments. I mean, of course I loved my baby when she was in my belly and of course I loved her when I first met her. But it was never this overwhelming, I've fallen head over heels type of love.

And for some reason I thought there was something wrong with me. 

But as I reflect back over the last seven months, I can see that my love for my little girl has grown exponentially since I first saw her. My love for her has grown through the good times and the difficult times. 

It's the same with my husband. I have loved him for about ten years now, but my love for him today is the greatest that it has ever been. Through all of our trials--the fights, disagreements, you name it--we've grown together. 

I guess that's how love is. It's not those fluttery feelings you get from flirting and what not--that's an emotion. 

True Love is so far beyond that. I'm definitely still learning, but I'm finding that true love grows. Though many times it's wonderful, happy, and good, it grows through the bad, the difficult, the ugly. But the rewards are so worth it.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful. thanks for your honesty. love hearing about things that i haven't experienced.

    ReplyDelete