7.09.2009

in the beginning

*originally posted february 13th, 2009*

Today starts the beginning. The beginning of my world of blogging. To be honest, I’m not quite sure where this will go, how long I’ll stick with it, or how often I’ll post. I’ve just been thinking about it lately, so I thought I’d give it a whirl. May sound lame, but I’m going to start with my 25 things, currently published on facebook.
25 things about me
1 I am a very right-brained person, or whatever it means to be organized, good at math, you know, all that nerdy stuff.
2 I am an accountant, but the more I’m in the workplace, the more I realize my true calling to be a stay-at-home mom and wife.
3 I married my best friend in the whole wide world. We share everything with each other and can completely be ourselves in front of the other. It’s my goal to be able to say the same thing 30 years from now.
4 I love to sing, and I used to play the piano. Even as I type “used to”, it makes me sad. I know that I need to pick it back up again, it’s just really hard.
5 Scrapbooking is a hobby of mine, although I’m really behind right now. I’m currently scrapbooking my fall semester of my senior year (over a year ago!)
6 I love engagements, weddings, and marriage! This is so embarrassing, but I’m always checking facebook for newly engaged and newly married couples. I just love it!
7 I have a bunny that I’ve had since I was about 3 that I used to sleep with until the night before my wedding. He’s basically an old rag now, but full of love. haha
8 I love coffee. I’ve tried to give it up twice now, and I’ve failed. But I’ve come to somewhat of a compromise—not drinking it every single morning (I don’t want to be dependant on it), and only drinking it to truly ‘enjoy’ a cup of coffee. 8 a Someday I’m going to get my husband to like coffee
9 Random thought: In high school, there was a semester where Chris worked at Tim Horton’s in Dublin, and probably once a week, my friend Leah and I would go get breakfast before school, just so that I could see him.
10 Speaking of Leah (I think this kind of shows the kind of person I am): I used to ask Leah about every six months if I could help her clean her room. Yes, clean her room. Loser, right? I won’t be offended if you call me that.
11 I really like to read, but sometimes struggle to find the time. My list of books to read is far too long, not to mention there’s books I’d like to re-read. Ugh. Why is life so short?
12 I sing in the car. Loudly. I’m that person that’s sitting at the stop-light singing her heart out without a care in the world who sees me or how ridiculous I look.
13 I love dates at the bookstore with my husband.
14 I love my family, close and extended. The older I get, the more I realize how important they are to me and how much I love and care about them. 14 a My aunts are my heroes. When I grow up, I want to be just like them. I look up to them more than words can describe. They have taught me so much about love, humility, grace, and the kind of mother I want to be someday.
15 I love my friends and miss them so much. I’m the type that would rather have few quality friends than a large quantity.
16 I have a bad habit of picking things, whether it’s my nail polish, fingernails, toenails, scabs (gross, I know). It’s just a bad habit that I’ve been trying to break my whole life. ugh.
17 I love Ohio State football. Like any other fan, I bleed scarlet and gray.
18 Full House was my favorite show growing up. I want to own every single season by the time I have kids so that they can watch a good, wholesome show (corny and cheesy, but so what)
19 Before I die, I want to go to a beach where the sand is white and the water is perfectly clear. oh, and turquoise.
20 I hate snow. If I went the rest of my life without seeing it, I’d be perfectly ok.
21 I don’t really like to take medicine. When I have a headache, I usually try to tough it out. Same with colds, but Chris prefers I take medicine, so sometimes I do just for him.
22 I’m a huge fan of America. Most of the time when I hear the national anthem, I tear up. No joke.
23 I have the worst poker face in the world. I basically wear my emotions on my sleeve….can’t really hide much!
24 I love Jesus with all my heart. There is nothing better than to be in His presence. I can say with absolute conviction that choosing to follow him is the best and most important decision I’ve ever made.
25 I had to type all of this in a word document and look over it for several days before I posted it. It’s just who I am *grin*

0 comments:

Post a Comment