7.09.2009

to be found in him

*originally posted march 27th, 2009*

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.Philippians 3:7-11
I don’t know why, but over the last few weeks, I keep coming back these verses. The words are just so rich in my ears that every time I read it, it’s better and more powerful than the last time. And I just keep longing to be found in Him. Jesus, help me be found in YOU.I’m not really sure that I can better describe it than to use the words of another: (Shane and Shane, I want it All)
Use me, break me, waste me on you, Lord
Ruin me, take me, waste me on you.
For to die is to live….
To starve is to feast and less of me is more of Jesus
Lord I want it all, Lord I want it all
If I lose my life, I gain everything
At the cross away with all death’s sting,
Lord I want it all, Lord I want it all.
There is power in the blood, there is victory in Jesus
Come in power, wash me clean, overwhelm me with your presence.
There is power in the blood, there is victory in Jesus
There is glory in the cross, help me find my gain in loss…

0 comments:

Post a Comment